Applications to MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing, Certificate in Translation, and Certificate in Manuscript Preparation are accepted year-round on a rolling basis. Students can apply to these programs for either a Fall Semester (September) or Spring Semester (January) start-date.
Students can also write to us directly at Polkschool@liu.edu to apply to the Pedagogy for Creative Writers course, Study Abroad / Overseas Writers Program, or 5-year BA/MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing track at LIU Brooklyn.
Remote learning and residential options are available for all of our departmental programs.
For those interested in enrolling in the Fall 2022 semester, students are encouraged to send in their applications by August 15, 2022. Applying to the MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing, Certificate in Translation, and Certificate in Manuscript Preparation programs is a two-step process:
1. First, students submit a general application to LIU Brooklyn at: https://apply.liu.edu/
2. After that please submit the following items to Polkschool@liu.edu:
- A Personal Statement of Interest (1000 words maximum)
- An 1-page Résumé (optional)
- A Writing Sample (e.g. 15-25 pages of prose or 10-15 pages of poetry)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (submitted by recommenders directly to Polkschool@liu.edu)
- Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts (which should be sent to Director of Admissions Paul Chakmakjian at Paul.Chakmakjian@liu.edu)
If you have any questions about the application process, please write to us at Polkschool@liu.edu.